Friday, October 31, 2008

THAILAND...land of smiles :-)

I know that it has literally been forever since i've last updated. I realize now it's because i've been so busy and I feel like so many things have happened and it just seems hopeless to try to fill everyone in on everything now. also i feel like nobody reads this...i could be wrong. maybe it would encourage me to post more if I got more comments....eh? :-) i jest. but...i'm gonna try to update this okay? starting with my awesome trip to Thailand this summer. Still to this day I miss Thailand so much. I have sooo many pictures I could post but had to limit myself.

This is the team at 5 AM at DFW airport...beginning of our thirty-something hour day of travelling nonstop. fun!....

There were two college campuses in the area so we split our team in half; one team went to one campus and the other team went to the other,every day, to talk to students and people on campus about Jesus. My team went to Thaksin University in Songhkla...like 30 minutes of travelling. It was really fun...by the end of the trip I felt like a TU student. I kinda even wanted one of their cute little uniform outfits! haha.

This is Susna. Her and her husband Tony own this little french toast place really close to where our apartments were. The first night we went there and we got to pray for them and they told us that they feel peace when we pray for them. Since that night we went and saw them at least 4 times a week and they would always provide us with alllll free food. Susna was soooo sweet. We gave her a bible one night and the next day when we visited, she told us she read a lot of it and found a lot of answers to life in there. She was so hungry for Jesus and had so many questions. She was soooo precious, had a great sense of humor and personality, and was one of our favorite Thai people to spend time with. One time we were leaving to go out of town at 7 AM and she stopped by our apartment after working until 4 AM the night before to bring us breakfast.. See what I mean?

This is at a beach in thailand. We went to the beach during low season, a.k.a not as pretty season...so we got to stay on the beach for really cheap with very few people surrounding us. It was great. and soooo beautiful. I witnessed the most amazing sunsets i've ever seen in my life. The water was so clear and wonderful...I couldnt believe that it got any better than that!!

These are some girls we had conversations with more frequently. Two of them, Nanny and Phon, were english majors which helped a lot. They originally wanted to talk to us because they wanted to practice their english and talk about America, but then we got to pray for them and encourage them and one of them gave their lives to Jesus. They are such sweet fun girls and are so hilarious!!

I thought this picture was really cool. every morning we got up early to pray at our friend Kat's house. We would have meetings, eat breakfast together, and worship and ministry time, which is what is going on here I think. I really miss it.

This was actually on my birthday!!we had a get together with the campus crusade staff and got to invite a lot of students that were interested in Jesus. This pictures has a few of us on the team, P'Boy, who led the campus crusade staff (and was hilarious!) and some muslim girls who were so sweet and even brought me a present for my birthday! It was great...we had sooo much fun with them.

This is our team one of the last few days we were in Thailand. We went to the beach (like I said earlier) and we also were able to get these shirts that are very popular in Thailand. The boys are wearing the Yellow shirts, which were the King's shirts (his favorite color is yellow) and everyone wears those on Mondays. The girls are wearing the Queen's shirts, which are worn every Tuesday in honor of the queen. The Thai people looove their king and queen so much...and from what I've heard he seems like a really nice guy. All I know is that on the Baht bill (the currency in Thailand) there's a picture of the king with a camera around his neck...one of his hobbies is photography. It always amused me because it was like a "hey, the king is a normal person too" picture and I think that's why people love him so much!
I hope that was a good update about Thailand. I have so many more pictures and things that happened....such as riding elephants, karaoke on my birthday, baptizing my friend in the ocean, and of course, Thai food. but i think this is enough for now. I will try to update later with more current happenings in my life.
Love,
Alexa :-)

1 comment:

Sarah W said...

It was fun hanging out yesterday! I miss you. Maja and I are going to Latin Fusion this afternoon, and we both wish you were there too. I like your Thailand pictures too. I think there is a lot more people reading your blog than you think.